Carbon, Soot, Black stuff…
Hi, I am Bogdan and I invite you to take a look at how you can check the condition of your intake on any modern BMW.
What are the common problems that affect your intake?
- Bad seal/Loosing boost pressure
- Carbon/Soot Deposits
- Swirl Flaps not being able to move
- EGR not able to close completely
- Sensors not reading correct values
BMW Diagnostic software offers a process called Intake Port Sooting for checking intake carbon buildup condition.
What are the advantages of doing this test?
- non invasive procedure
- can show if there are problems regarding the seal of the intake
- most important can show carbon buildup in intake or intake ports
- will be able to evaluate condition of car or future maintenance requirements
Do you want to discuss us doing this type of work on your car?
- Get in touch
- UK only