Light, Lights, all the lights…
Hi, I am Bogdan and I invite you to take a look at how you can upgrade the lights of the BMW F10 5 Series with HID&LED Lights.
What are the advantages of LED lights?
- fast light up time
- they don’t get damaged due to repeat On/Off cycles
- small form factor
- better priced than HID Xenon
Now the disadvantages of LED:
- light output is not always sharp
- many times the led and headlight projector will not work well together
- high power LEDs require fans for cooling and will not work in dirty & wet environments
- will not solve Bulb Warning Errors
- require resistors to solve Bulb Warning Errors
What are the advantages of HID Xenon?
- more mature technology
- usually more light output than the average LED bulb replacement
- will give a better light dispersion on the road when installed in halogen projectors
- will be able to solve bulb warning system problems out of the box
- water prof/shock proof
Now the disadvantages of HID:
- require more space to install due to ballast unit
- will generate Elect Magnetic Interference that needs to be mitigated
- On/Off cycles can damage/reduce lifespan
- will not have max intensity immediately after ignition
- higher cost than average LED
For the Halogen Headlight on the BMW F10 we use:
- Low Beam – HID XENON
- Fog Lights – HID XENON
- Main beam (High beam) – LED
- Front Turn Signals – LED Upgrade
Do you want to discuss us doing this type of work on your car?
- Get in touch
- UK only