Xenon HID systems might seam over complicated and expensive to repair …
Hi, I am Bogdan and I invite you to take a look at how you can troubleshoot an automotive HID systems and prevent damaging more expensive components.
When should you change xenon HID bulbs?
- if you need more light intensity
- if one of the lights changes color to blue/pink
- if one of the lights starts to flicker
- if one of the lights needs to be cycled to stay on
- if one of the lights stops working during driving and then comes back on
What is the lifespan of an xenon bulb?
- Usually HID bubs have a 2000h B3 lifespan and a 3000 Tc lifespan.
- B3 = minimum 97 of the bulbs will reach this number
- Tc = at this point 63 percent of the lamps are likely to have failed
What you are not told about xenon bulbs?
- as the bulb ages the light output will decrese
- if the bulbs are changed in due time the ballast does not need replecing
- older xenon bulbs have mercury. avoid contact with skin if bulb is broken