We are getting closer to the full 6WA 6WB retrofit, but now it’s time to clear the Mileage and the VIN from the used cluster.
Hi, I am Bogdan and I invite you to take a look at how you can erase, virginise the 6WA 6WB Instrument Cluster.
What is a “BMW 6WA” or “BMW 6WB” cluster?
- The BMW 6WA is an extended instrument cluster, has a bigger display area, the background is black when not powered. When the car is active you will get a mix of white/orange light.
- The BMW 6WB is the full digital instrument cluster. Has different themes depending on the driving mode.
Why do we clear the clusters before retrofitting?
- once installed on a car the cluster will record VIN and mileage
- if the cluster has different stored VIN, RED tampering dot will be shown on the screen
- if cluster has higher mileage, the car will update it’s stored value to the higher value present in the cluster
- changing back mileage to previous value is very complicated
What tools, products did we use?
Do you want to discuss us doing this type of work on your car, or do you want us to supply a cluster?
- Get in touch
- UK only