BMW Lifetime differential oil… no servicing… something just does not feel right.
Hi, I am Bogdan and I invite you to take a look at how you can change the oil for the differential of the BMW F10.
What is a “Differential”?
- The “diff” is a system of gears that allows different drive wheels on the same axle to rotate at different speeds, and is most important when the car is turning.
Why you don’t hear about differential on other cars?
- on Front Wheel Drive cars the differential is part of the gearbox and will use gearbox oil to get lubrication
- the majority of BMWs are Rear Wheel Drive and you will have it as a separate unit
What should you know about the BMW Differential oil change?
- Oil used Castrol Syntrax 75W-90
- Approx filling capacity 1L
- Tightening torque for oil plug 60Nm
- Have car leveled when filling with oil
- Will require extraction as there is no drain plug
Do you want to discuss us doing this type of work on your car?
- Get in touch
- UK only