squiiiiiikk … sharp turn right and … squuuuuiiiikkk … How can we describe the dashboard creaking?
Hi, I am Bogdan and I invite you to take a look at how you can fix the dashboard creak of the F10 BMW 5 Series.
What is a “creak”?
- creak – if something creaks, especially something wooden, it makes a high noise when it moves or when you put weight on it
Why does the BMW F10 Dash and trim creak squeak ?
- the plastic got old
- the joining of 2 different plastic trims is made by melting a cylinder tab and expanding it to lock that part in place
- that tab in time, will start moving and make noise
- this will happen especially on the log trim parts that have 2 different materials joined together
- the perfect example is the big piano black trim on the dash of the BMW F10
- also let’s not forget the trim from the doors
What can you do?
- change the car, and get an Audi … 🙂
- if that is not an option, GORILLA EPOXY was the solution for me
Do you want to discuss us doing this type of work on your car?
- Get in touch
- UK only