This is one of the most common causes for oil/coolant leaks for the 530d 535d and all the other cars that have the N57 engine. Time to fix it.
Hi, I am Bogdan and I invite you to take a look at how you can replace the BMW N57 Engine Oil Filter Housing Gasket.
What are the symptoms of a problematic oil filter housing gasket?
- loss of coolant
- loss of oil
- you might see the engine bay dirty/humid
- the fluids will tend to accumulate in the undertray linings
- can give the impression that the oil sensor or sump gasket are leaking
Why does the BMW N57 Oil Filter Gasket fail?
- rubber parts tend fail the older they get
- cold/hot/cold cycles contribute to the rubber loosing its properties
- the rubber gets plastichy
What parts, tools, products did we use?
- BMW Oil Filter Housing Gasket 11428513448
- BMW Oil-to-water Heat Exchanger Seal 11428512434
- BMW Genuine Coolant
- Bosch n57 530d Oil Filter
- Shell Helix Ultra ECT 5W-30 Engine Oil
What is the BMW recommended torque value for the Oil Filter Housing Bolts?
BMW recommends tightening the 5x13mm at 20Nm.