Old or new, sooner or later, if you drive a BMW you might consider replacing the main differential bushing as they tend to fail.
Hi, I am Bogdan and I invite you to take a look at what you should inspect/expect from a BMW Differential Bushing.
What are the symptoms of a problematic diff bushing/mount?
- it starts with vibration when changing from acceleration to engine braking and back to acceleration
- you might experience a kick when punting the car in gear
- can generate noise/knocking when acceleration or changing gears
- can be visually assessed
Why does the differential bushing fail?
- it is one of the parts that needs to dampen high forces
- it is stressed under acceleration
- it is stressed under engine braking
- it is stressed even more if you launch the car
- in other words it is stressed all the time
- the rubber will age and contribute to it failing
What tools, products did we use?
- BMW Bushing extractor UK source
- We 3D printed an extension for it
- Bushing options for BMW 33316775782 part number