Changing the battery for your key/remote is something that can be considered a boring job, and many of us will avoid it as much as possible.
Because I had a lot of spare time, during the Corona Lockdown, I decided to finally do it.
What battery do you need?
Small screwdriver, knife or something pointy.
How should you do it?
- release the mechanical key
- use either the central tab (1) or one of the side tabs (2) to unlock the cover. Take your time, don’t force it.
- using your small screwdriver lift the battery
- replace the old CR2450 battery with the new one
- clip the back cover (don’t force it, move it side to side until it clips easy)
- refit mechanical key