Let there be light. Or in this case, let’s remove the light.
Hi, I am Bogdan and I invite you to take a look at the removal of the Xenon HID upgrade fitted on my Audi A4 B8. The install “is the reverse of the removal”.
What type of bulb the Audi A4 B8 has on the fog lights?
- Standard the car comes with a H11 Halogen bulb.
What type of Xenon Upgrade did we installed?
- Our top performer 55W BCM CANBUS compatible Xenon
- Bulb type: H11
- Temperature: 6000K
What you need to know about 55W Xenon HID?
- 15~20% more light than 35W Xenon
- the color temperature of the light will be 500K lower (more yellow)
- the life of the xenon bulb will be shorter
- this setup makes more efficient use of energy on cars that monitor bulb function (some will call them CAN BUS cars, but that is an improper use this term)
- more expensive
- dimming function will not be able to work
Why not LED?
- Lower light output
- Will waist energy by installing resistors to bypass bulb warning system
- If LED has fan to cool it, the position of the fog light will allow water to get in and damage the bulb