I go to fuel the car, and surprise… the fuel flap does not want to open. Time to use the emergency release from inside.
Hi, I am Bogdan and I invite you to take a look at the replacement of the fuel flap lock actuator on my Audi A4 B8.
What where the symptoms?
- the fuel flap stays lock and you need to use the emergency release
- fuel flap might stay unlocked
- DTC regarding fuel flap lock when car is scanned with VCDS
What was the part number?
- My car: late 2009 Audi A4 B8 LHD (Left Hand Drive)
- Part number : 8K0.862.153.H
- Same part will be fitted on many other VW Audi cars
What would I recommend before doing the fuel flap actuator replacement?
- Plastics get brittle when cold, wait for 15+ deg C
- Have some touch up paint and if you pinch the edges use touch up paint so that you don’t get corrosion, paint bubbling