I press the button and all but my door unlock? Hmm … the automatic lock function of the door stops working …
Hi, I am Bogdan and I invite you to take a look at the replacement of the drivers door lock on my Audi A4 B8.
What where the symptoms?
- when unlocking with the remote all doors would unlock except the driver’s door
- needed to lock the car and unlock one more time
- later was needed to use the mechanical key to unlock driver’s door
- auto locking function over 10~20 km stopped working
- RED LED on door lock switch was not lighting up when I was locking the doors
- DTC in central electric regarding driver door malfunction
What was the part number?
- My car: late 2009 Audi A4 B8 LHD (Left Hand Drive)
- Part number from original part: 8J1837015A
- AKA: 8J1.837.015A 8J1.837.015.A
What would I recommend before doing the driver door lock replacement on the Audi A4 B8?
- Plastics get brittle when cold, wait for 15+ deg C
- Source the start bit for the lock. You will need a special star socket for the 2 outer door lock bolts
- The Lock cylinder/barrel will need to be removed , but the door handle does not need to be removed.
- Compare parts new vs old, to make sure you have the correct part
- Adjustment of the door striker might be required
- Make sure you don’t get locked out of the car.