High mileage diesels will require some preventive maintenance… first on the list… the Exhaust Gas Recirculation valve.
Hi, I am Bogdan and I invite you to take a look at how you can clean the EGR of the Audi A4 B8 2.0TDI.
What is a “EGR”?
- The EGR is an emission reduction system, that will recirculate part of the exhaust gasses, back to the engine cylinders, with the aim of reducing NOx.
Why do we clean the EGR on the A4 B8?
- this part of the engine will have a big carbon buildup
- by cleaning it you prolong its usable life
- reduce running costs for your car
- sort out emission related DTCs
- protect your DPF as the EGR is needed in the regeneration of the DPF
What chemicals did we use?
- Petrol – very good solvent properties
- Diesel – also good for cleaning
- Brake cleaner
- WD40 for lubrication
- and a lot of mechanical tools/scrapers as contactless cleaning is not efficient
Do you want to discuss us doing this type of work on your car?
- Get in touch
- UK only